General Terms and Conditions (GTC) for the Mansion By Cheers Istanbul Hostel
1. Area of application:
– These Terms and Conditions apply to all contracts governing the rental of hotel and hostel rooms, as well as to any further services and deliveries made to or on behalf of customers by Mansion By Cheers.
– Any subletting of the rooms rented and any use other than for accommodation purposes require the prior written consent of U hostel.
– Any terms and conditions on the part of the customer will only apply, if these were agreed in writing, in advance.
2. Conclusion of contract, partner’s liability, statute of limitations:
-This contract is created once Mansion By Cheers Istanbul Hostel accepts the customer’s request. Mansion By Cheers Istanbul Hostel has the right to confirm the room booking in writing.
-The contractual partners are Mansion By Cheers Istanbul Hostel and the customer. If a third party made the booking on behalf of the customer, he is jointly and severally liable – together with the customer – vis-à-vis the hostel for all obligations ensuing from the hostel accommodation contract, insofar as the hostel is in possession of a statement to that effect made by the third party.
-The hostel is liable for all of its obligations ensuing from the contract. In the case of atypical services, liability is limited to the intent and gross negligence of the hostel.
-The period of limitation for all customer claims is 3 months.
-This limitation of liability and short period of limitation will apply to the hostel, even in the event that it violates its obligations in respect of pre-contractual costs and positive contractual violation.
3. Services, prices, payment, settlement:
– Mansion By Cheers Istanbul Hostel is obligated to keep ready the room reserved by the customer and to perform the agreed services.
– Customers are obligated to pay Mansion By Cheers Istanbul Hostel the applicable and/or agreed price in respect of the room rental and any further services of which they availed themselves. The same applies to any Mansion By Cheers Istanbul Hostel services or equipment to which the customer gives a third party access.
– The agreed prices include the applicable statutory VAT. If the VAT increases, Mansion By Cheers Istanbul Hostel can adjust the contractually agreed price to the increase. The same applies to the introduction or increase of taxes and charges directly related to the overnight stay.
– Furthermore, the prices can be changed by Mansion By Cheers Istanbul Hostel, if the customer subsequently wishes to change the number of rooms reserved, the services performed by Mansion By Cheers Istanbul Hostel or the duration of the guests’ stay and if the hostel agrees to this.
– Any bills issued by Mansion By Cheers Istanbul Hostel without a due date must be paid in full within 10 days of the date on which the bill was issued. The hostel is entitled to declare any accrued claims due at any time and to demand immediate payment. If there is any default on payment, the hostel is entitled to apply the applicable statutory default interest. The customer must prove fewer damages, while the hostel must prove greater damages.
– Mansion By Cheers Istanbul Hostel is entitled to demand a proportionate advance payment or security payment on conclusion of the contract or thereafter, with due observance of the statutory provisions on package trips. The amount of the advance payment and the payment terms can be agreed in writing in the contract. Mansion By Cheers Istanbul Hostel will decide in each reservation the total amount of the deposit according to the availability, amount and dates of the reservation. Until the deposit is paid, the reservation can be cancelled by Mansion By Cheers Istanbul Hostel without any compensation to the customer
– The customer can only offset or deduct undisputed or legally invalid claims from any claims made by Mansion By Cheers Istanbul Hostel.
– Payment on account for individual guests and private groups is only possible with the permission of Mansion By Cheers Istanbul Hostel and on presentation of a statement of transfer of costs.
– Any potential banking charges and costs in respect of returned direct debits are for the account of the customer.
– All group reservations (over 12 people) must be paid in full one month prior to the group arrival. Fail to do this payment will result in the reservation cancellation without any compensation to the customer
4. Cancellation Policy
4.1 Deposit Only rates
– This property has a 3 day cancellation policy.
– Failure to cancel within this time will result in a cancellation charge equal to the first night of your stay
4.2 Non-refundable rates
– Your booking is non-refundable.
– If you choose to cancel your booking, or in the case of a no-show, you will still be charged the full cost of your booking.
5. Cancellation by the hostel:
– If an agreed advance payment or an advance payment required in accordance with Point 3 (f) of these General Terms and Conditions has not been made, even after an appropriate grace period set by Mansion By Cheers Istanbul Hostel, Mansion By Cheers Istanbul Hostel is entitled to withdraw from the contract.
– Furthermore, the hostel is entitled to extraordinarily cancel the contract for factually justifiable reasons, e.g. if force majeure or other circumstances not attributable to the hostel make it impossible to fulfil the contract, if rooms were reserved following misleading or false statements of material facts, e.g. in the name of the customer or in terms of purpose, if the hostel has justifiable cause to believe that the use of hostel services may jeopardise smooth business operations, the hostel’s safety or reputation among the public, without this being attributable to the hostel’s sphere of responsibility or service branch.
– The hostel must inform the customers immediately in writing, if it intends to exercise its right of rescission.
– No claim for damages on the part of the customer ensues from the above-mentioned cases of rescission.
– Mansion By Cheers Istanbul Hostel reserves the right to book the customer into another hostel in the same city, with due observance of the standard of the room that was reserved, and to inform the customer of this. In this case the customer has the right to withdraw from the contract free of charge.
6. Room availability, transfer and return, other provisions governing hostel stay:
– The customer does not have any right to be provided with a specific room or bunk beds.
– In the case of group bookings for 12 or more persons being accommodated in rooms with more than one bed, the hostel will determine the breakdown in which guests will be accommodated, unless the hostel confirmed in writing that specific rooms would be provided.
– Any reserved rooms will be available to customers as from 14:00 on the agreed arrival date. The customer does not have any right of access before this time.
– Customers must avail themselves of reserved rooms by 18:00 on the agreed arrival date at the latest. If a reservation has not been guaranteed by way of an advance payment or security payment, the hostel has the right to reallocate reserved rooms after 18:00, and the customer will not be able to derive any claim for compensation from this.
– On the date of departure, the rooms must be vacated and made available to the hostel - by 11:00 at the latest, in the case of individual guests (fewer than 12 persons) - by 10:30 at the latest, in the case of groups (of 12 or more persons) . After that time, the hostel can charge 50% of the full, listed price for damages in respect of the additional use of the room up until 17:00 and 100% of the full, listed price as from 17:00.
– In the case of groups of 12 or more persons, the hostel must be given a list of the full names of all guests prior arrival with their full contact details and passport information.
– If the total number of guests exceeds the contractually agreed number of persons, the additional guests are not entitled to accommodation.
– Any persons younger than 18 years of age are not permitted to stay overnight in the dorms. Minors are only permitted to stay overnight in private rooms, if they are accompanied by at least one adult person or if they are in possession of a statement of consent from a parent or guardian, including a copy of the ID of the person in question. This rule does not apply to those travelling in groups, accompanied by an adult person authorised by the parent or guardian. i) Pets are not allowed. large medical devices are only allowed in private rooms.
– The customer will be liable for inventory loss caused by fault or negligence. The whole group are jointly and severally liable where damage caused by a group has not been declared.
– The hostel is liable for the diligence of a prudent businessman. In areas which do not fall under the services typical covered, this liability is limited to failure of performance, damage, ensuing damage or disturbances which are caused by an intentional or grossly negligent breach of obligation by the hostel. Should disturbances or defects occur in respect of service provision on part of the hostel, the hostel will act to remedy such upon being informed or upon complaint by the customer. The customer is obliged to contribute what is just and reasonable to him in order to remedy the disturbance and to limit all possible damage.
– The hostel is liable to the customer for personal possession in accordance with statutory provisions. Any potential liability on the port of the hostel is limited to a maximum of 1,500.00 euro for each individual case; for money, documents of importance and valuables as defines under Spanish civil code, the maximum liability amount is limited to 800.00 euro for each individual case. The hostel is not responsible for belongings left unattended in its common areas and outside the lockers in the dorms. Lockers must be lock with a secure locker. Money and articles of value up to the value of (insurance sum) have to be stored in the lockers in the rooms. The hostel recommends that customers make use of this facility. Liability claims expire if the customer does not immediately inform the hostel in accordance with Spanish Civil Code.
– The hostel is liable in accordance with the statutory regulations for all damage to the customer’s personal property as well as for injury to life, body and health. The use of equipment and facilities in the leisure areas is at one’s own risk.
– Insofar as a luggage store room in the hostel is made available to the customer, even with payment, no safeguarding agreement comes into effect. The hostel is not liable in the case of loss or damage, and their contents.
– Any messages, post or delivery or merchandise for guests will be handled with care. The hostel will accept delivery and storage of same and – if requested – forwarding of same, for a fee. Any items found will be kept for a period of 3 months and forwarded on request, for a fee. The hostel does not accept any liability for this. Any claims for damages are excluded, except in case of gross negligence or intent.
8. Final provisions:
– Any amendments or additions to the contract, the acceptance of these Terms and Conditions for the hostel stay must be made in writing. Any unilateral amendments or additions made by the customer are ineffectual.
– The place of performance and payment is the location of the hostel.
– This contract is governed by Turkish law.
– If any individual provisions contained in these General Terms and Conditions are or become ineffectual or null and void, this will not affect the validity of the other remaining provisions. This contract is also governed by any applicable statutory provisions.